Thursday 21 April 2022

Shave

I was looking into ti3 as in to shave and I have found so many interesting Teochew words.

Koi1  is a new word for me and I saw it first in Mogher and decided to have a look at Zhang Xiao Shan's dictionary and found interesting Teochew words pertaining to koi1.

I have added what I have learnt today and what I knew previously in this list. 

ZXS uses  for ka1 and I therefore just follow what he has written in his dictionary. 

ti3do1剃刀

shaving knife, razor

剃刀

koi1ciu1do1 剴鬚刀|剀须刀

straight razor

ti4xu1dao1 剃鬚刀|剃须刀

koi1ciu1 剴鬚|剀须

to shave beard

刮鬍子|刮胡子

koi1ming7 剴面|剀面

to shave one's face

gua1lian3 刮臉|刮脸

koi1mo5ka1 剴毛腳|剀毛脚

to trim one’s sideburns

修鬢角|修鬓角

ti3tao5​ 剃頭|剃头

to have a hair cut

li3fa4 理髮|理发

ti3tao5 剃頭|剃头

to have one's head shaved

ti4tou2 剃頭|剃头

ti3tao5gian2 剃頭仔|剃头仔

barber

li3fa4yuan2 理髮員|理发员


No comments: