Sunday 24 April 2022

flustered, agitated, nervous, anxious

Do you know how to say flustered, agitated, nervous, anxious in Teochew?

I was watching a Mandarin drama and they used the word huang1zhang1 慌張 and I was thinking how would I say this in Teochew and it is of course huang1ziang1 慌張 , a direct translation. I then thought of ging2ziang1 緊張 and in my notes, I have the Mandarin words ji2  and zhao2ji2 著急 by jin3zhang1 緊張.

I remember ji2  is said as gib4  in Teochew and zhao2ji2 著急 is said in Teochew as huang2lo2 煩惱

Because of huang1ziang1 慌張, I thought of huang1tang5 荒唐 and I have to remember that the two huang1 have different characters. 

For the Chinese characters please see below. 

huang1ziang1 慌張|慌张

flustered, agitated

huang1zhang1 慌張慌张

ging2ziang1 緊張|紧张

nervous, anxious

jin3zhang1緊張紧张

huang1tang5 荒唐

preposterous, absurd, beyond belief

huang1tang2 荒唐

huang5lo2 煩惱烦恼

to worry, to feel anxious

zhao2ji2 著急着急

gib4

urgent, pressing

ji2



No comments: