Saturday 19 March 2022

This character 好 can be said in many ways in Teochew but in this post we will just focus on ho2 好.

This Chinese teaching video was sent to me by YouTube this morning. This post is good for those who want to learn Teochew via Mandarin or want to learn Teochew and Mandarin. 

I have translated the examples listed in the video into Teochew. If you were to watch the video teaching you Chinese Mandarin, and then look at the notes supply below, you will learn how to say these sets of Chinese sentences in Teochew. 

In general, you will find Teochew to be same with Mandarin 80 to 90 percent of the time. However, there are some differences. You should be able to identify the differences in the examples given below. 

I hope that you do not find this post too difficult. After all, we need to improve both our Mandarin and mother tongue. 

hog4sib8 複習|复习 A 復習|复习

revise, review, revision

fu4xi2 複習|复习 A 復習|复习

Ua2 hog5sib8 zia2gai5 kuê3 liao2  我復習者個課了。|我复习者个課了。

I have revised this lesson.

我復習這一課了。|我复习这一課了。

Ua2 hog5sib8 ho2 zia2gai5 kuê3 liao2  我復習者個課了。|我复习者个課了。

I have completed revising this lesson already.

我復習好這一課了。|

我复习好这一課了。

 

zag4ngiab8  作業|作业

school assignment, homework

zuo4ye4 作業|作业

Ua2 zo3 zag4ngiab8 liao2  我做作業了。|我做作业了。

I have done my homework.

我做作業了。|我做作业了。

Ua2 zo3 ho2 zag4ngiab8 liao2  我做作業了。|我做作业了。

I have completed my homework.

我做作業了。|我做作业了。

 

Ua2 zo3ho2 liao2 做好了

I have completed it.

做好了

hog4sib8 ho2 復習好|复习好

completed revising

復習好|复习好

Ua2 za2 ziu6 hog4sib8 ho2 liao2.  我早就復習好了。|我早就复习好了。

I have finished revising earlier.

我早就復習好了。|我早就复习好了。


zung2bi6 ho2 liao2 準備好了|准备好了

to be ready

準備好了|准备好了

zui2guê2 min7bao1 dê5 long2 zung2bi6 ho2 liao2 水果麵包茶攏準備好了。

Fruits, bread, tea are already prepared.

水果麵包茶準備好了。

n1guain2 青果

fruits

shui3guo3 水果

min7bao1 麵包|面包

bread

mian4bao1 麵包|面包

dê5 

tea

cha2

long2 攏|拢

all

dou1


ziah8bung7 食飯|食饭

to have a meal

chi1fan4 吃飯|吃饭

ziah8 la6 liao2 𤰉

ate until satisfied

吃好飯|吃好饭

ngh8 gao3 la6 夗到𤰉

slept enough, slept until satisfied

睡好著|睡好着

hog4sib8 ho2 復習|复习

finished revising

復習|复习

buan1 cu3 liao2 搬厝了

finished moving house

Ua2 buan1 cu3 ho2 liao2 厝好了

I have finished moving house.

  

sion6 ho2 想好

decided, made up one’s mind

想好

Ua2 huan1bhuê7 sion6 ho2我還未想好|我还未想好

I have not decided yet.

我還沒想好|我还没想好

Ua2 huan1bhuê7 sion6 ho2, ain3 ke3 a7 mai3 我還未想好欲去啊勿|我还未想好欲去啊勿

I have not decided if I want to go or not.

我還沒想好去不去呢|我还没想好去不去呢

 

Ua2 mo2 gah8 le2 ke3 tig4to5 man2rig8 gai5 Hang3ghe2 kuê3 ua2 huan1bhuê7 zung2bi6 ho2  我孬合汝去踢跎明天個漢語課我還未準備好。| 我孬合汝去踢跎明天个汉语课我还未准备好。

I cannot go out with you to have fun, tomorrow’s Chinese lesson has not been prepared.

我不能跟你去玩兒明天的漢語課我還沒準備好。|我不能跟你去玩儿明天的汉语课我还没准备好。

Uang2 pah4seng3 ke3 tig4to5 ua2 in2gêng1 bhoi2 ho2 huê2cia1pio3 liao2. 阮拍算去踢跎我已經買好火車票了。|阮拍算去踢跎我已经买好火车票了。

We plan to go for a trip I have already bought the train tickets.

我們打算去旅行我已經買好火車票了。|我们打算去旅行我已经买好火车票了。

n2 cêng7 ho2 san1kou3 uang2 zung2bi6 cug4mung5 liao2  猛穿好衫褲阮準備出門了。|猛穿好衫裤阮准备出门了。

Put on our clothes quickly, we are preparing to go out.

快穿好衣服我們準備出門了。|快穿好衣服我们准备出门了。

n2 mên2 gai2 san1kou3 cêng7 ho2 uang2 ain3 cug4mung5 liao2.  猛猛衫褲穿好阮欲出門了。|猛猛衫裤穿好阮欲出门了。

Put on our clothes quickly, we are preparing to go out.

趕快把衣服穿好我們要出門了。|赶快把衣服穿好我们要出门了。

ke3 huan1si6 mai3 ke3? Ua2 huan1bhuê7 sion6 ho2. 去還是勿去我還未想好| 去还是勿去我还未想好

Go or not to go?  I have not yet decided.

去還是不去我還沒想好| 去还是不去我还没想好

No comments: