Wednesday 9 March 2022

擸 lah4

I saw in Lim Lung Lung's dictionary page 155 this character lah4  and we know this character  as luah8 as to comb. I therefore read to see what it has to say about lah4 

The first example of use if lah4 ze1bao1 擸書包擸书包 with a Mandarin word 持 which means to hold on to or to grasp i.e. to hold on a school bag.

Another example of use is kou3 lah4 san1 zah4 褲擸衫扱|裤擸衫扱 which is explained as clothes are not tidy as explained by 衣著不整齊衣着不整齐 This is also shown in czyzd website obviously taken from Professor Lim's dictionary.

I had to remind myself that this is different to zah4 ze1bao1 扱書包扱书包 which means to carry a school bag or zah4 kou3ka1 扱褲骹扱裤骹 which means to roll up one's trousers. 

I cannot find such an entry in Dio Hiao Sang's dictionary. 

Do you use the word lah4  and how do you use it?

No comments: