Friday 18 March 2022

Why I have confusion with zhe 著 in Mandarin!

YouTube has sent me this video and it teaches people how to use "zhe 著" when speaking Mandarin. 

I had to comment because it is the best video on how to say "zhe 著"  when speaking Mandarin. 

You are such an amazing teacher of Chinese!  

您太棒了! 教到這麼好 ! You are really excellent and you have taught very well. 

我們潮州話沒有這個 "zhe 著" ! We Teochew does not have this zhe

如果我要用潮州話說"跟著我" 我會話 "綴我" ! If I want to say in Teochew follow me, I will say "綴我 duê3 ua2"

我也明白為什麼我不會用 "zhe 著" - 因為潮州話沒有 "zhe 著" I also understand why I do not how to use zhe  this is because Teochew does not use zhe 

如果我要用潮州話說 "門開著" 我會話 "門開在在 If I want to say the door is open, I will say mung5 kui1 do6 do6" ! 

謝謝 ! Thank you!

I have never understood why I had so much difficulty with zhe 著 but I do now and it is because Teochew does not have this zhe ! My mother forgot to teach me! Ha ha! LOL 

We use this character 著 differently.

dioh8  - correct and in Mandarin it is dui4 對

睇唔著 tion2 m6 dioh4  in Mandarin it would be kan4bu5jian4 看不見 and it means cannot be seen or cannot see

doh8huê2 著火 to be on fire and in Mandarin is 發生火災

Do you still believe that Teochew language is a dialect of Mandarin? I do NOT! 


No comments: