Saturday, 14 May 2022

Common Sentence Structure I

This video gives examples of common sentence structure and the video is only just over one minute long.  I have typed out some notes so you can follow what has been said in the video. 

ciang5êng7 gu3sêg4 常用句式 often use sentence structure

u6 有

have / have not

bho5 無|无

Ua2 u6 zêg8 gai5 a1hian1

我有一個阿兄|我有一个阿兄

I have an elder brother.

Ua2 bho5 neng2pêng5iu2

我無女朋友|我无女朋友

I do not have a girlfriend

 

si6 是

is / not

mi6 [不/是]

gi3zia2 記者|记者

reporter, journalist

記者|记者

ui1se1 醫師|医师

doctor

醫生|医生

Ua2 si6 zêg8 gai5 gi3zia2

我是一個記者|我是一个记者

I am a reporter.

I1 mi6 ui1se1

伊[不/是] 醫師|伊[不/是] 医师

He is not a doctor.

Can also be said as:

I1 m6si6 ui1se1 伊唔是醫師|伊唔是医师  He is not a doctor.

 

ain3 慾|欲

want/ don’t want

main3 勿

bung7 飯|饭

bung7 can mean cooked rice or a meal

Ua2 ain3 ziah8 bung7

我慾食飯|我欲食饭

I want to have a meal.

I1 main3 ziah8 bung7

伊勿食飯|伊勿食饭

He does not want to have a meal.

Le2 ain3 main3 ziah8 bung7

汝慾勿食飯|汝欲勿食饭

Do you want to eat?

 

ho2 好

good / no good

mo2 孬

o5luah4 蠔烙|蚝烙

oyster omelette

 

ou7ni5 芋泥

sweet yam paste

Yam is known as taro in the USA

ho2ziah8 好食

tasty, delicious

 

he5ci3 魚翅|鱼翅

shark fin

 

o5luah4 ho2 ziah8

蠔烙好食|蚝烙好食

oyster omelette is delicious

ou7ni5 mo2 ziah8

芋泥孬食

Yam paste is not delicious

he5ci3 ho2 mo2 ziah8

魚翅好孬食|鱼翅好孬食

Is shark fin delicious? / Is shark fin good to eat?

 蠔烙


oi6 會|会

can / cannot; able to or not

bhoi6 𠁞|𠀾

ze2ziah8 煮食

prepare a meal

zuo4fan4 做飯|做饭

cong1dê5 沖茶|冲茶

to make tea

pao4cha2 泡茶

ziah8ziu2 食酒

to drink alcohol

he1jiu3 喝酒

Ua2 oi6 ze2ziah8

我會煮食|我会煮食

I know how to prepare a meal. / I can prepare a meal

Le2 bhoi6 cong1dê5

汝𠁞沖茶|汝𠀾冲茶

You do not know how to brew tea

I1 oi6bhoi6 ziah8 ziu2

伊會𠁞食酒|伊会𠀾食酒

Does he drink alcohol?

 


No comments: