Thursday 19 May 2022

Ziang1 min7 Fried Noodles

I think most people know I watch Iab Hui cooking videos to learn new Teochew expressions / words. This video is no exception.

The words I have learnt today are mao’ing which he said as mao’êng which means fuming; ziao1 which means burnt; huang1ming7 with means to flip over; riu’tiu which means soft and dig’liu which means top notch.

mao6ing1 冒煙冒烟

also said as mao6êng1

gives off smoke

mao4yan1冒煙冒烟

main3 sio1riag8 gao3 mao6ing1 勿燒熱到冒煙。勿烧热到冒烟。

Do not heat up (the frying pan) until it is smoking.

別燒到冒煙。|别烧到冒烟。

The ziang1 used here is the same as the Teochew word luah4 烙。

However, the dish is still called ziang1min7.

The Teochew word I know for ziao1 is sio1diao7 燒掉烧掉

ziao1

burn, scorch, burnt, charred

shao1jiao1 燒焦|烧焦

main3 kih4 ziao1 ke3

勿乞焦去

Don’t let (it) burn.

別焦了|别焦了

ziang1 gai7 mag8dêg8 ziu6si6 ain3 ziang1 gao3 i1 ghua7kao2 zia2gai5 min7 nê1 si6 sou1pa6 gai7

 

 

煎個目的就是慾煎到伊外口者個麵是酥泡個。|

煎个目的就是欲煎到伊外口者个面是酥泡个。

The purpose of pan frying (the noodles) is wanting to fry until the outside of the noodles is crispy.

目的是把麵的外面煎酥。|

目的是把面的外面煎酥。

dang6si6 lai6dion2 nê1 i1 dan3 si6 lung3 gah4 pang1 gai7

 

 

但是內底伊呾是嫩佮芳個。|

但是内底伊呾是嫩佮芳个。

However, the inside is still soft and appetizing.

但是裡面還是嫩和香的。

但是里面还是嫩和香的。

 I normally say to flip over as do3boin2 倒反

huang1ming7 翻面

to flip over

 

in2ao6 huang1ming7 toin2

 

 

以後翻面睇以后翻面睇

afterwards turnover and have a look see

多多翻面看看

 

I normally say soft as neng2 軟|软 and I may say riu5neng2 柔軟柔软

However, I do not think it is right to say nab4 䪏|𩏼 A  for noodles to mean soft.  We can describe meat as nab4 䪏|𩏼 A    to mean tender.

I am not sure of the tiu1 character and I cannot find riu5tiu1 in any of my Teochew dictionaries.

riu5tiu1 柔抽

soft

柔的

no6 zêng3 kao2gam2

二種口感|二种口感

two types of texture

兩種口感|两种口感

ghua7kao2 gai7 min7 si6 sou1pa6 gai7

 

 

外口個麵是酥泡個外口个面是酥泡个

The surface of the noodles is crispy.

外面麵是酥

外面面是酥

lai6doin2 gai7 min7 nê1 si6 riu5tiu1 riu5tiu1 gai7

 

 

內底個麵柔抽柔抽個。|

内底个面柔抽柔抽个。

The inside of the noodles is still soft.

裡面的還是柔的。

里面的还是柔的。

I am not sure which dig character.

bhi7dao6 dig4liu5 味道得流

Top quality flavour!

味道一流

bhi7dao6 dig8liu5 味道直流

Top quality flavour!

味道一流

 Have you learnt any new Teochew words or expressions by watching the video?



 

No comments: