Thursday 19 May 2022

Common Sentence Structure II

 

常用句式 Common Sentence Structure II

YouTube has sent me this video and I thought it might help people wanting to learn Teochew if they were to watch it and read my notes. 

I have amended the incorrectly used characters and added the correct characters for the missing ones in the video. 

ho2 

i1 hoh4 sên1 ho2

伊好生好

He is very good looking.

他很好看

 

guê3

Le2 guê3 oi6 ziah8

汝過會食

You are very capable in eating. i.e. You eat a lot.

你真能吃

 

si2   zoh8  [both are used as suffixes to mean very]

i1 m6oin5 si2

伊唔閒死

He is very busy

你忙極了

 

siang6 most

i1nang7 siang6 lag8loh8

伊儂上力落

They are most hardworking

你們最勤快

 

iao1 夭 relatively

Ua2 iao1 bui5

我夭肥

I am relatively fatter

我比較胖

 

kah4  

Le2 kah4 sang2

汝佮

You are too thin.

你太瘦

dian7

dih4gian2 dian7

滴仔

a little only

一點點而已

 


No comments: