Thursday, 19 May 2022

Common Sentence Structure II

 

常用句式 Common Sentence Structure II

YouTube has sent me this video and I thought it might help people wanting to learn Teochew if they were to watch it and read my notes. 

I have amended the incorrectly used characters and added the correct characters for the missing ones in the video. 

ho2 好

i1 hoh4 sên1 ho2

伊好生好

He is very good looking.

他很好看

 

guê3 過

Le2 guê3 oi6 ziah8

汝過會食

You are very capable in eating. i.e. You eat a lot.

你真能吃

 

si2 死  zoh8 絕  [both are used as suffixes to mean very]

i1 m6oin5 si2

伊唔閒死

He is very busy

你忙極了

 

siang6 上 most

i1nang7 siang6 lag8loh8

伊儂上力落

They are most hardworking

你們最勤快

 

iao1 夭 relatively

Ua2 iao1 bui5

我夭肥

I am relatively fatter

我比較胖

 

kah4  佮

Le2 kah4 sang2

汝佮㾪

You are too thin.

你太瘦

dian7 定

dih4gian2 dian7

滴仔定

a little only

一點點而已

 


No comments: