Friday 10 June 2022

Ugly

Comedy 10th June 2022

I do not suppose many of us have heard “very angry” express as “bêg4 guê3 huê2”. Bêg4 could mean pent up feeling, anger or other negative feelings.

You may want to listen to this video and perhaps my notes below will help you understand what has been said. In some cases, the Mandarin translation differs from the Teochew and both are therefore included in the notes.

Ua2 zi2dion2 bêg4 guê3 huê2

衹底愊過火|只底愊过火

I am very angry inside.

zi2dion2

衹底|只底

inside

bêg4 guê3 huê2

愊過火|愊过火

very angry

Ua2 za2mên5 ke3 sio1tion2

我昨暝去相睇

I went for a blind date last evening.

Ze1nion5 dan3 ua2 sên1lai5 mo2

姿娘呾我生來孬

The girl said I am ugly.

Ua2 siu1 liao2 zu6 gian5

我收了就行 [I restrained (myself) then walked (away)

Mandarin subtitles: 我不二沒說甩頭就走

I only did not say (anything), fling my head back and then walked away.

Uang2 gai7 nang5 sio1bag4 zab8 ghua7 ni5

阮個人相𧧸十外年

We know one another for over ten years

風師弟我們認識也要十多年了

Fan younger brother, we know one another for more than ten years.

Le2 lao2sig8 gah8 ua2 dan3

汝老實合我呾

You tell me frankly

我真心問你一句你實話實說

I sincerely ask you (and) you to tell (me) the truth

Ua2 sim6mih4 sên1mo2

甚乜生孬

Am I ugly?

我是不是真的長得醜

Le2 iao5tao5

汝搖頭

You shake your head

Si6 ma7 ze1nion5 gu mag8 bho5 zu

是嘛姿娘孤目無主 – I do not know which gu and which zu character for this vernacular Teochew is not recorded in any of my Teochew dictionaries.

這就對嘛是那女生沒眼光

Indeed correct, that girl does not have a foresight

Sang1 mag8 gou1dioh4 sai2

雙目䬲著屎

The eyes are full of shit.

這麼帥的人居然說醜

Such handsome person unexpectedly said to be ugly

 


sio1tion2

相睇

blind date

io5tao5

搖頭|摇头

to shake one's head

 

No comments: