Tuesday 18 October 2022

massage

I was writing to my sister and I wanted to say massage and I did know how to say “massage” in Teochew Uê. So I looked up and it is said as ngoi2 and some people nasal the ngoin2. As I did not know now to say massage, I just say it in Mandarin “rou rou 揉揉” ha ha because it sounds so cute! The correct Mandarin word for massage is an’mo 按摩 which is pronounced in Teochew as ang3mo5 按摩

Here are my notes from looking up at how to say massage. My notes are from the above website and ZXS page 705.

ngoi2 

to exert oneself to crush, knead

用力壓住揉|用力压住揉

ngoi2bhag8 研墨

to grind an ink stick on an ink stone

磨墨

ngoi2ioh8 研藥|研药

to grind medicine

碾碎藥|碾碎药

ngoi2 

to massage, to rub, to stroke

摩挲

Zi2go3 seng1 gai2 ua2 ngoi2 zêg8ê7

衹塊痠個我研一下|只块痠个我研一下

It is aching here, give me a message for a while.

cia1lung5 ngoi2 guê3 ke3

車輪研過去|车轮研过去

crushed by wheels of a car

ngoin2 [俄闲]2 If ngoin2 is a new word for you then you can remember ngo + and oin and join these together and you will be able to remember to say ngoin2.


No comments: