Thursday 15 September 2022

unlike some people

I am watching a Mandarin drama 星漢燦爛 [Love Like the Galaxy] and one of the actors said in Mandarin “不像某些人” which means “unlike some people” and I thought to myself, how would I say this in Teochew Uê. 

I would say “unlike some people” as “m6riang5 zi2coh4 nang5 唔然衹撮人|唔然只撮人”.

像 as in similar is also said as siao6 肖 a Chinese word whereas riang5 然 is a specific Teochew word and 不像 could be said as m6siao6 唔肖 and you will observe some people write incorrectly m6 as 毋 a character use by Hokkien people in Taiwan said as m̄ in Hokkien, which is pronounced as bho5 毋 in Teochew, which is not used by us and if we want to write bho5, we normally write it as 無 。

某些 some or certain is said in Teochew as zi2coh4  衹撮|只撮

The title of the drama which I am watching is said in Teochew as Cên1hang3 Cang3lang6 星漢燦爛 where Cên1hang3 means Milky Way and Cang3lang6 means brilliant.


 

No comments: