Thursday 17 February 2022

變 - 有變|有变

I like to talk about u6biang3 有變 and the opposite is bho5biang3 無變

I was watching a cooking show [just after 2:09] and I noticed the subtitles used this character 便 for biang and I was wondering why. 

We will deal with this character 便 in another post. 

So the chef said 

u6biang3 ziu6 oh8 

bho5biang3 ziu6 tion2 cu3bhi7 

有變就學無變就睇趣味|有变就学无变就睇趣味

So what does u6biang3 mean. Teochew dictionaries explain u6biang3 辦法 as a method or a way of doing something and therefore bho5biang3 means has no method or way of doing something.

Then how about cu3bhi7 趣味.  Cu3bhi7 means interest, interesting, fun 有意思 or 好玩

How would I translate u6biang3 ziu6 oh8 bho5biang3 ziu6 tion2 cu3bhi7 - I would translate this sentence as

If there is a possibility then learn or else watch for fun. 

I hope that you have learnt some Teochew today.  

No comments: