Friday 9 August 2013

Sharp

How do you say sharp in DioSua Ue?  Well it depends.  


zam1 ziam1 



For needles and pins and pointed objects - we say ziam1 and in Mandarin in jian1. Both use the same character .








支刀過利
For knives, blades, scalpel - we say lai7 - LLL gives an example on page 46.

gi1 do1 guê3 lai7 支刀過利

This knife is very sharp.




Then how does one say not sharp.  

We say it as lu1 - on page 185 of LLL, he gives an example of use.

big4 tao5 lu1 lu1 筆頭夵夵

The pencil is not sharp.


My DioSua Ue teacher wrote to me this morning from China telling me of his delightful three year old daughter.  This little darling said ghua kao, cia lulu gio - she is saying in Swatow Ue, about the noice the cars are making.  I think she is so cute - and her father informs me nobody has taught her this and she came up with it herself.  Is this not wonderful?

For homework: Write out the characters for ghua kao cia lulu gio.  Might help if you have LLL ^_~




No comments: