Friday 8 November 2013

gai2

There is no addition in Lin LunLun's dictionary written in 1996 about gai2 but we use it naturally.  However, this is used in my other two Teochew dictionaries.

Here are some examples of use:

gai2 mih4gai5  個乜個 - what is this?

gai2 ua2 gai5 個我個 - this is mine


gai2nang5 haon3 cia1 人好車 - he likes to boast - cia1 here means to boast and is used as a verb

Gai2 si5 zo3ni5? 咋呢 - what is the matter?

gai2 u6 ian2 a7 bho5 有影無 Is it true or not?

gai2 i1 liah8 lai5 伊掠來 - bring it here : laih8 here has the same meaning as 拿 in Mandarin

gai2 i1 ziah8 loh8ke3 伊食落去 - take and consume it

I have given you all the examples listed in two of my dictionaries and I hope you are able to use gai2 well in the future







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello, my name is Amy Sober.
I don't know if you remember me, but I used to be a student of yours in 2004.

I hope you've been doing well.
Do you happen to have Facebook?

I'm planning on learning Chinese at some point, so I find your blog interesting.

Hope to hear back from you!
~Amy