Saturday 7 September 2013

WangSa YeFong 王沙野峰

When I was young, my parents encouraged me to listen to WangSa YeFong so I could improve my DioSua Ue.  At that time, we just called it Teochew [an English word - which is in the Oxford English dictionary].  

ZiHong wrote to me today and he discussed about the use of lo6 giving lots of examples.  And then I saw the character long1  yesterday in one of my dictionaries.  I went shopping today and while at the supermarket car park, my mind just opened up to what WangSa said so many years ago when I was a child.


San1diam2 long1, si3 diam2 ia7 long1. Gah4 i1 dan3 mai3 long1, i1 lo6 ngên6ngên6 ain3 long1.

三點鈴, . 合伊[/] , 伊在硬硬愛鈴


七點鈴


OK the clock shows 七點鈴哈哈

There are two points of interest here. 

In the dictionary,   is written to be said as zai6 or do6.  However, for us DioSua nang, we never say do6 - but lo6 - in the above context.

Another point is LLL and the word dictionary use  for ain3 to mean want .  I have read up LLL comments on  and it does not say we should use this character to represent .

I hope you find this posting helpful.  






No comments: