Thursday 5 September 2013

bho5nai6ho5

When I was very young, I heard my father saying hiao5 gao3 bho5 nai6ho5 and I never really understood its meaning.  I sort of knew roughly what was said.  Then I read LLL and I reckoned these could be the characters for bho5 nai6ho5.



無奈何



So let us break this phrase up 嬲到無奈何 - 

First nai6ho5 奈何 - this means to cope with or to deal with

therefore bho5nai6ho6 無奈何 - unable to cope with it or unable to deal with it

Therefore, hiao5 gao3 bho5 nai6ho5 嬲到無奈何

means hiao5 until cannot cope with it or deal with it anymore

Then what is this hiao5 which my father was referring to?

I have already made a post on hiao5 and you can read all about it in that posting. 

Sorry no pictures today.  AND There is no Mandarin equivalent to 嬲到無奈何  and this is Diosua Ue. 

No comments: