Monday 2 May 2022

Talking rubbish sih buh sah nah

I did promise that I would investigate more about sih buh sah nah. I wanted to establish if is is nah or nab and A'Tiu 阿濤|阿涛 has usedthis word in this video and he pronounced it as nah.

In addition, I have listed the various words related to sih buh sah nah and nab below. I hope you are able to see the logic of why I have arranged these characters to this expression.

This sih buh sah nah is vernacular Teochew and thus this expression is not found in any of my Teochew dictionaries.

This is an expression which is used to scold people and it is best not to be used in polite companies. 

sih8 buh4 sah8 nah4 𠜙煠垃𠜙煠垃

to talk rubbish

hu2shuo1ba1dao4 胡說八道|胡说八道

sih8ghuêh8 蝕月|蚀月

lunar eclipse

yue4shi2 月蝕|月蚀

sih8bung2 蝕本|蚀本

 

loss: to make a loss [in a business transaction]

pei2ben3 賠本|赔本 kui1ben3 虧本|亏本

sih8 蝕 means to eat up; bung2 is a capital in a business and sih’bung 本 means to eat up the capital in a business which means making a loss

buh4 𠜙

to poke

chuo1

sah8m6sêg8 煠唔熟

crazy

feng1 |疯

sah8nab4

an idiot, a fool, a nincompoop

sha3gua1 傻瓜

sah8pan3 煠奅

an idiot, a fool, a nincompoop

sha3gua1 傻瓜

nah4sab4 垃圾

dirty, filthy, not clean

zang1 |脏

nab4 𩏼

tender, soft to describe the texture of meat

rou2ruan3 柔軟柔软 rou2nen4 柔嫩

 

No comments: